#20 The Masala Khichdi House
Well we all know, khichdi is termed as “bimaro ka khana”. Who likes it ? Forget kids, we adults also dread having it. But if I make a honest confession, then it’s one of the most healthiest meal one can have at anytime of the day.
So to make this boring meal interesting I decided to add some sweetness to our plain mundane masala khichdi, on my platter by creating a cute house setup.
The masla khichdi platter consists of –
- The house made of masala khichdi, bread and chikki
- Sun made of monaco biscuit
- Tree made of cucumber and bourbon biscuit
Masala Khichdi recipie
- Rice : Moong dal – 1:1 ratio
- Vegetables – 1 tablespoon each of tomato, frenchbeans, potato, carrots, peas ( you can choose spinach, cauliflower etc any vegetable availabile at home)
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Cummin 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1 tsp
- Aseofotida ( as per taste)
- Salt ( as per taste )
- Wash the vegetables thouroghly and chop them into fine pieces
- Wash the rice and dal and soak them together for 15-20 mins in warm water
- In a pressure cook, take a little ghee and temper it with mustard and cummin seeds and aseofotida.
- Add the chopped vegetables and sautte them till half crunchy
- Add rice:dal and Turmeric and pressure cook the entire mixture. ( 1 fast and 3 slow whistles)
- Open the cooker, add some more ghee to the khichdi.
- Mix it well and plate it as shown in the picture.