Hi Mommas, I have been busy vacating with my little one at lonavla and hence my #maakirasoi segment got sidelined. But I am back and here to share another meal which my mom made when she felt lazy to cook. All she would give a […]
Month: May 2018
As a mom, there are days i am over tired, exhausted and not interested in my doing my favourite job i.e cooking. And I want some magic hand which just prepares me home made tasty food in my kitchen. Well, to my surprise ” Law of Attraction” has proved true to me in this case – as to my delight there is one brand that has come to my rescue. My life has been simple simply because “Cooking made easy by Fingerlix”
Fingerlixfresh is a ready to eat brand offering a wide plethora of products like Batters, Mixes, Curries, Dals, Parathas and ‘fully-ready’ accompaniments to go with them. They have some amazing varieties like Multi Grain Dosa Batter, Different types of Parathas like Achari Paratha, Laccha Paratha etc, Puran Poli and lot’s more.
Product which I have tried
- Plain Idli/ Dosa Batter – We at home till date grind our own batter and seldom may opt for ready made batter from local outlets. At one such occasion, I bought the Idli-Dosa Fingerlix Batter and to my surprise the idli’s were soft and fluffy with no sour taste. I mean that is what you want right, hot steamed fluffy idli’s.
2. Pineapple Halwa
I am a mom who craves sweet after a meal. It’s not possible to cook sweet treats for yourself in your everyday cooking. Also personally I believe it’s not a healthy way of living. But there are days when you want to pamper yourself and option for a quick-fix solution. And here I have one of my favourite sweet dish – The Pineapple Halwa from Fingerlix. It’s, has perfect sweet balance, appropriate texture and yummy to the tastebuds.
I highly recommend Fingerlix to mother’s who want to make cooking easy, believe in hygiene and want to enjoy home made flavours.
Enjoy the almost ready food packets and do provide your feedback
As you all know, Mother’s Day is arriving soon and I have decided to celebrate the day entire month by sharing some lovely recipes my Mom use to make for me during my childhood days. Those recipes are very special to me and till date I keep craving and insist her to make it for me whenever I visit her. Hence to begin the celebration I am posting one of my favourites – Hariyali Pavbhaji recipe and share my #maakirasoi with you.
Pavbhaji has always been one of the popular streets food that has got an easy acceptance to our home kitchen. Be it a 6 year old kid or a 60 year old adult, everyone loves this dish. Well many cook and enjoy the traditional pav bhaji, in my house we make a greener variation called the Hariyali Pavbhaji.
Hariyali Pavbhaji recipe is made using green veggies like green tomatoes, spinach, peas etc. The green vegetables use to be available in winters hence this recipe was a hit during winter season. However, with supermarkets making their presence there are certain winter vegetable that are easily available and now we no longer wait for winter’s to make Hariyali Pavbhaji Recipe.
HARIYALI PAVBHAJI RECIPE
Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
- Green Tomatoes : 8-10 medium size
- Potatoes : 5 medium size
- Onions : 4 medium size + 1 or 2 onions for garnishing over the bhaji
- Garlic : 8-10 nos
- Ginger : 2 inch
- Chillies : 3-4 nos
- Pav Bhaji Masala : 2 tbsp
- Kitchen King’s Masala – 1.5 tbsp
- Cauliflower – 1 cup
- Peas – 1 cup
- Spinach – 1 bunch
- Bottle Gourd – 1 cup
- Capsicum – 1 Big size
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder – 1/4tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Lemon juice extract
- Boil all the veggies – Cauliflower, potatoes, green tomatoes, bottle gourd, peas together in 1/2 cup water & salt for 4 whistles & then allow cooker to cool by itself.
- Use a pavbhaji masher to mash all the above boiled vegetables and keep it aside
- Blanch the spinach and grind it in the mixture to form a paste and keep aside
- In a pan, add butter and oil together. Add cumin seeds and chopped onions. Saute the mixture for 1 min
- Add finely chopped capsicum to the above mixture and saute for 2-3 mins till oil separates
- Add garam masala, pav bhaji masala, coriander powder and salt as per taste and mix well
- Add the boiled vegetables in the above mixture and cook it till the gravy begins to boil
- Add spinach paste and cook the mixture for 2-3mins
- If gravy feels thick, you can add 1/4 cup-1/2 cup water
- Cook for another 2-3 mins and switch off the flame
- Add a dash of lemon juice and plate the pavbhaji with buttered pav and onions
- Serve it Hot !!
I hope you liked the Hariyali Pavbhaji recipe and are charged up to make it in your kitchen. if you have the ingredients ready it becomes easy and also a healthy dinner meal for your family. Although this is my mom’s recipe, she was sanjeev kapoor fan and most of her recipes will have his essence.
In the mean time, as i had promised I will share a foodart using the pavbhaji gravy. Most of the users had asked how to plate, semi solid food like gravies etc. So here is small attempt by me where i have created a food art using Hariyali Pavbhaji recipe just for you moms out there.
Till then enjoy this delicious meal,