Learn to make Dry Moong Dal
When we hear of dals, it’s mostly the wet liquid variety which we have in our everyday meal. But there is a special preparation of dal in our house which is in dry form and good for health. It is made of yellow moong dal and lots of garlic. For a vegetarian, It can be one of the best way to increase consumption of protein and I would personally recommend mom’s please make it for younger kids they will develop a taste to eat and enjoy dry form of food. So let’s learn to make Dry Moong Dal and also serve it with a twist to the kiddos.
LEARN TO MAKE DRY MOONG DAL
- 1 cup soaked moong dal
- 6-7 garlic chopped
- 2 chillies ( optional for kids)
- 1 big onion
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp oil
- Water 1/2 – 1 cup
- salt as per taste
- Coriander for Garnishing
- In a large pan, heat the oil
- Add cumin seeds, chillies and, garlic and onion
- Saute it till onions turn transparent
- Add the soaked moong dal and mix well.
- Add turmeric, salt and little water and cover the pan with the lid
- Let it cook for 4-5 mins and check whether the moong dal is cooked.
- If not you can add more water and let it cook for a longer time.
- Once the dal is cooked, remove the lid and garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Dry Moong Dal is ready to serve
Generally we eat it along with our daily meal of roti-sabzi. However you can eat it with poori and aamras or just as healthy evening snack and curb your hunger pangs to a great extent. If you liked the simplicity of this recipe then moms just learn how to make Dry Moong Dal recipe for your kids.
Also, if your kids are fussy in eating it. Just wear your creative hat and make a cute foodart out of it just the way I have done it. I have made two beautiful chickens, mama and baby chick who are staring at me back from my plate. This foodart is made only from
- Dry Yellow Moong Dal
And if this foodart ensures your kid consumes a healthy meal that it’s you duty to learn to make Dry Moong Dal and be a supermom for your kids.
As usual I would love to hear from you. Ladies do share your feedback and suggestion. And in case you are looking for some more healthy recipes for the kids, then click here
Recipe Inspiration : Werecipes.com