Does your mouth water when you hear RAJMA CHAWAL? I assume it does, since it is one of the patent dish you will find in 90% of Punjabi House. But do you know there are so many varieties of this one simple dish like the […]
One of the most versatile foods of summer season is the Watermelon. There is so much to love about this fruit. You can plan to keep it simple or use it in making salad, juices, granitas etc and much more. Honestly i enjoy the fruit as it is but my lo does not. And so I came up with a fun way to eat watermelon this season.
This time, I have crafted a beautiful looking Flamingo made of Watermelon. The perfect pinkish colour matches with the Flamingo colour and hence this creation is one of my favourite. It’s not only a fun way to eat watermelon but also ensures kids get enough nutrition.
As difficult it make look this foodart was one of the simplest one I have done so far and i’ll share the steps with you.
STEP BY STEP – MAKING OF THE FOODART
- I googled out a cartoon clip art of flamingo on the web
- Once i selected the design, I just divided the flamingo into 4 parts
- I cut the watermelon in a two halves
- I took one of the half side and cut it parallel to the thickness i needed – like a disc shape
- With basic kitchen skills I made the desired shapes and ensured not a inch of the watermelon should get wasted
- All i had to do now was assemble the shapes and make a flamingo out of it
- To give a perfect look of the flamingo I added
- Apple and Prunes to make a realistic beak
- And made eyes with a watermelon seed
- Voila, The Flamingo Watermelon was ready to be eaten.
Well this was one of the fun way to eat watermelon. You can make a boat, mountains and other cartoon character with it. And if this does not suffice you can create some smoothies, granitas just like I made a lovely Watermelon Chia Cooler for the summers.
Hope you enjoyed this foodart made with just one ingredient i.e watermelons. In case you want to try your hands on foodart, you can too start with one ingredient only and fruits are the best way to begin. To gain some ideas you can check some of my foodarts which I have made using only one ingredient
Well mommas, hope you liked this flamingo watermelon and do share your feedback and suggestions.
Before i give out some details, let me inform you – this is my 51st foodart and I have been privileged to be associated with a brand who believes in the importance of nurturing beautiful moments. Their products are specially designed to make the life […]
As a kid, i was always too excited about snack time purely because if two reasons
- I use to be extremely hungry since I use to come from school
- My mom use to always serve hot snacks like upma, toast sandwich, theplas, dry Gujarati snacks etc
Well, as you grow old this becomes a part of every day routine unless you have kids because now you have demands, arguments and favourites.
As a mom, my job is to get their interest in food. And I just tried to make snack time fun by playing tic tac toe with some cookies, breadstick and ghatiyas. Well the game was also for an extra pair of cookies / chocolate ao we had a deal the one who wins gets an extra cookie or some chocolates. Whoever wins, i don’t mind but it takes me back to my childhood memories and makes living more beautiful.
It’s time to have some fun with the dosa batter lying in the fridge. These cute little puppies seem to be in love with each other and an interesting story for the kids. What can be a better way to feed a mid-snack with some good food and a story telling session.
These cute puppies are made of dosa batter and topped with some black olives.
Hope you all enjoy it !!
Complete video on the making of the Spaghetti Sheep
This is my first attempt in creating a video for moms out there who wanted a step by step understanding on how I make these foodart.
As the title says it all, some fun with spaghetti tossed in vegetables for kids to enjoy their meal.
The platter consists of
- Spaghetti tossed in veggies like cabbage, carrot, spring onions, capsicum etc
- Bread with cheese and olives
- Cucumber and spring onion leaves
Well moms, this foodart is a perfect way for kids to eat and indulge in story telling sessions.
Inspiration – Samantha Lee