I created a poll on Instagram to find out, whether moms would be interested if I share and DIY Activities for kids that involve usage of Food. And I got lot of messages saying, moms wanted to make food fun and have a teaching and […]
Hi Moms out there, I had taken a poll on instagram a few days back asking whether any of you would be interested in diy activities for kids with respect to food. To my surprise 90% of moms gave a positive revert and here I am sharing my first diy activitiy for kids with apple fruit.
The first diy activity is very basic, simple and yet very effective for kids who are learning alphabets. It is a perfect fit for kids in the age group of 2-5 years. It is called the Apple- Toothpick activity.
- Apple chopped in small block type pieces
- Place the toothpicks in the shape of the letter A
- Connect the toothpicks with each other by placing the apple pieces in middle
- Just poke in the toothpicks end and the entire alphabet A is good ready to be eaten
- Helps to promote healthy eating habits
- Helps to grasp the letter A and improvises the learning speed of the child
- Improves fine motor skill and problem solving
Some Do’s and Don’ts
- Conduct the activity in an adults supervision as toothpicks can prick a child
The second diy activity for kids with apple fruit is suitable for elder kids who are in love with science experiments or just have curious mindset. This one is called Oxidation with Apple
- Cut the apple in two halves
- Rub the lemon on one cuts side of one half of the apple
- Place both the apples exposed to air
- Check after 2-3 hours and OBSERVE THE DIFFERENCE
- The apple half that was not rubbed with apple juice would have turned brown whereas the one which was rubbed with lemon willwill re fresh.
- There are compounds in apple that turn brown when exposed to air which contains oxygen. This process is called oxidation.
- If you add acid, oxidation does not occur. Lemons are acidic in nature and hence the lemon rubbed apple looked fresh.
Life expermients create a believable attitude of the child and the knowledge gain is 10 times higher then bookish knowledge.
Well this was my first attempt in creating diy activitiy for kids with apple fruit. Hope you all loved it. Look forward to hear from you all and do share feedback.
In the mean time you can view foodarts which can be a fun diy MasterChef activity for your child