Let me be very honest, it is very little I know about Halloween. But from whatever I have read, the following is my understanding of the festival. Halloween is a time of celebration and superstition. It is believed it was originated during the ancient celtic […]
Do your kids enjoy wearing animal masks and enacting like them. Well who doesn’t, this is one form of role play for them which is fun, entertaining and thrilling experience for a child. But have you thought, If we could create food animal mask on the dinner table. I bet no !! So how about we Learn to make fun food mask for kids and take their learning curve to another level.
Before I share the steps, let me give you a little brief of actually how this idea popped up. I had made boiled red Chana Chaat for myself. Babykj started showing some interest in it. So I decided to make a mouse face and sing the rhyme – hickory dickory dock and serve him this chaat. With just 5 mins in hand, I managed to make the food mask which looked liked a crossbreed of mouse and a bear. When I took a poll of what did the food mask look like on instagram 68%said mouse and rest 32% said bear ..Some saving grace of 12%.
But you learn from your mistakes, don’t you. So the second time when I made Dalia khichdi at home I ensured the food mask look true to the character and bang on, it did look like a baby lion as expected. So here I am sharing my experience and teaching you to Learn to make fun food mask for kids
1. The Mouse Face Mask
- Boiled red Channa chaat garnished with onions, tomatoes, red chilli, salt, chaat masala, lemon etc
- Cadbury balls
- Give an outline of the character you choose with the red Chan’s chastity and fill it completely
- Place eyes and nose using cucumbers and cadbury ball
- Make the whiskers using cabbage
- And the meal is ready to serve
2. The Lion Face Mask
- Dalia khichdi
- Cadbury balls
- Create the outline of the character selected using Dalia and fill it completely with the khichdi
- To show the lion Harry, use shredded carrots and pace it as shown in the picture
- Place carrot in middle to make the nose and whiskers
- Add the cadbury balls to make the eyes
- Use olives to make the mouth and the food mask is ready to serve served
I hope you enjoyed this form of foodart and have learned to make fun food mask for kids. In case you liked this foodart you can also check some more i made in past here
This post is a part of #myfriendalexa campaign by blogchatter to bring up my alexa ranking to another level
I created a poll on Instagram to find out, whether moms would be interested if I share and DIY Activities for kids that involve usage of Food. And I got lot of messages saying, moms wanted to make food fun and have a teaching and […]
One of the most versatile foods of summer season is the Watermelon. There is so much to love about this fruit. You can plan to keep it simple or use it in making salad, juices, granitas etc and much more. Honestly i enjoy the fruit as it is but my lo does not. And so I came up with a fun way to eat watermelon this season.
This time, I have crafted a beautiful looking Flamingo made of Watermelon. The perfect pinkish colour matches with the Flamingo colour and hence this creation is one of my favourite. It’s not only a fun way to eat watermelon but also ensures kids get enough nutrition.
As difficult it make look this foodart was one of the simplest one I have done so far and i’ll share the steps with you.
STEP BY STEP – MAKING OF THE FOODART
- I googled out a cartoon clip art of flamingo on the web
- Once i selected the design, I just divided the flamingo into 4 parts
- I cut the watermelon in a two halves
- I took one of the half side and cut it parallel to the thickness i needed – like a disc shape
- With basic kitchen skills I made the desired shapes and ensured not a inch of the watermelon should get wasted
- All i had to do now was assemble the shapes and make a flamingo out of it
- To give a perfect look of the flamingo I added
- Apple and Prunes to make a realistic beak
- And made eyes with a watermelon seed
- Voila, The Flamingo Watermelon was ready to be eaten.
Well this was one of the fun way to eat watermelon. You can make a boat, mountains and other cartoon character with it. And if this does not suffice you can create some smoothies, granitas just like I made a lovely Watermelon Chia Cooler for the summers.
Hope you enjoyed this foodart made with just one ingredient i.e watermelons. In case you want to try your hands on foodart, you can too start with one ingredient only and fruits are the best way to begin. To gain some ideas you can check some of my foodarts which I have made using only one ingredient
Well mommas, hope you liked this flamingo watermelon and do share your feedback and suggestions.