I needed a recipe on colourful panckaes for an initiative that I started on my instagram called #tasty4munchkins and at the same time to offer some variety to my little one. So I was on a hunt for some quick and easy meals for a […]
I always keep talking about how important it is to feed healthy home cooked meals to our children. In the era of Internet, TV, Social media it is easier to google out various kinds of healthy recipes, the right diet for your children, types of […]
We all know, how important it is to consume breakfast in the morning be it elders or kids. But with the early morning school schedules our kids find it hard to take out time to eat their breakfast properly, simply because everyone in the house is running to keep up pace with the time. And as adults we too succumb to providing easy solutions to kids just to finish our job. But do you tend to realize, the important benefits of healthy breakfast for children ?
1. Assist in maintaining healthy weight
Breakfast means “Breaking-a-fast”. Kids technically sleep for 8-10 hours, that means they haven’t had food for 8-10 hours since their last meal. When you get up, our body needs to refuel itself and breakfast converts the fuel in food to energy. And when metabolism gets moving, body starts burning calories and you can maintain a healthy weight.
2. Acts as a Brain Booster
Kids need a good attentive span, concentration power and long lasting memory for learning things taught in school, daily life etc. And this can come only if we provide kids with breakfast which is high in fiber, carbohydrates, proteins and other important nutrients.
But as said earlier, it is difficult to prepare healthy breakfast when you are juggling with household chore, getting your kids ready and trying to accommodate your working time etc. Hence I am sharing a few suggestions here that could help you to make and serve healthy breakfast for kids.
- Create a weekly breakfast planner and stock your kitchen with the essential ingredients
- Stay prepared a night before like keeping the utensils ready, cutting fruits, setting up the breakfast table etc
- I guess this is important get you and your kids up 15 mins earlier then the actual time to stop the hush hush
- During days when you are late to prepare a meal, keep healthy grab-and-go alternatives like low sugar cereals, fruits, smoothies, home made mix chivda, etc
- If kids are not hungry in the morning, give a separate tiffin box which they can eat in the bus.
- Try and include fruits, milk & nuts as a part of your everyday breakfast meal
- Make use of leftover food of last night and mix it with some different ingredients and create a new dish
- Make Sunday a Fun breakfast brunch day where you can get your kids to help you, create the foodart as shown above with them works like a DIY activity and enjoy your meal without the hustle bustle of running around.
- Most important – Eat with your kids and start your day with loads of positive energy, hugs and smiles and happiness
These are some of the important benefits of healthy breakfast for your children. All you need is commitment to make breakfast a healthy mandatory routine of your lifestyle and you have nailed a healthy future for your child.
In case you are looking for a tutorial on how i made this foodart you can check my instagram post
If you liked this post, you also check my opinion of various food and lifestyle changes to made for kids here
If you liked this foodart, you can check for some more ideas over here
This blog post is part of the #myfriendalexa campaign organized by @blogchatter
A picky eater or a toddler who refuses to consume the food can be very frustrating for a parent. Being a parent you might have googled out of town for solutions, seemed advice from fellow mom, taken suggestion from your peers and yet you could […]
We all have heard this proverb “Health is Wealth”. But how much do we really take care of our health in the real sense. Specially after giving a birth to a baby our lives focus is on the kid, family, job, sleepless nights etc etc. […]
Hi Mommas, I have been busy vacating with my little one at lonavla and hence my #maakirasoi segment got sidelined. But I am back and here to share another meal which my mom made when she felt lazy to cook. All she would give a healthy & yet a tasty treat just in a big fat bowl. And me and my sis use to salivate just by the look of it. After all it was colourful, tempting and yummy to the tastebuds. Sharing one of my mom’s easy quick recipe of The Veggie Bowl – A Complete Meal is what I call.
The reason I have titled the bowl as complete because it is rich in fiber, filled with all possible veggies, healthy to the heart – mind – soul. Although these days, veggie bowls are so popular, it was not the case when we were young. It use to be a different concept at that time and my mom use to earn some brownie points for her lovely cooking skills in those days. Well, with emerging times now we get plethora of bowl recipes on the internet
So here I am presenting you her basic recipe which we have been eating since we were kids
The Veggie Bowl – A Complete Meal
- Red Cabbage – 1 small
- Broccoli – 1 small
- Onion – 1 medium size
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup
- Yellow Bell Pepper – 1 medium size
- Water Chestnut – 1/4 Cup
- Nacho Chips – handful
- Wheat Bread – 1/2
- White Sauce
White Sauce Preparation
- In a pan, take 1 tbsp of butter and let it melt
- Take 1 tbsp of wheat and 1 tbsp of maida flour and mix it with the butter and stir continuously
- Add 11/2 cup milk slowly, stirring continuously in the above mixture
- Add 1 small cube of cheese to achieve a cheesy & thick consistency
- If you find the white sauce is thick, add more milk suitable to your requirement
- Semi Boil the broccoli with salt, remove access water and keep it aside
- Chop all the veggies and mix it with the broccoli
- Pour the white sauce gently over the veggies, till they are moist enough
- Garnish it with crushed nachos chips & brown bread/ crouton
- The Veggie Bowl is ready to eat
I hope you found this bowl easy to cook, nutritious and yummy too. This is my #maakirasoi simple & healthy cooking. You can check out more of her recipes I have shared so far.
Although I have passed my deadlines, I hope to share two more #maakirasoi recipes with you and celebrate mom’s month in delight. So for now enjoy The Veggie Bowl – A Complete Meal & till then, plz keep sharing your feedbacks and suggestions. And shower some love.
Hey all Mommas out there, I am thankful to you all for giving me positivity in the year 2017. It was your push that led me to start my blog and receive the appreciation I have got so far from moms and parents across the globe.
I cant be more thankful to the year 2017 wherein I achieved 2 great trophies of lifetime
- Was Blessed with a Baby Boy
- Started my Blog – something i purely own it
Well it’s now time to say goodbye to this beautiful year and welcome the new spirits, opportunities and mostly enjoy motherhood in a special way. And with this note I would wish to everyone of you “A Very Happy and Healthy New Year”.
2018 my Mom Food Mantra is to “Make Healthy, Serve Healthy and Eat Healthy”. At the end of the day we want to get fitter with time and not abuse are health in any form as motherhood can be demanding.
So Moms i take a pledge not to loose weight or inches but to induce healthy eating habits for myself, for my kid and for my hubby. I assure 2018 would indeed be magical with my magic platters.
It’s 14th November today. As we all know one of the special days for children celebrated across the nation. Thanks to the profound love of “Chacha Nehru”, his birthday brings a smile to thousand of little kids in our country
Well, being a mother myself i designed this cute little plate for kids to get them to celebrate their day with fun, good food, good health and most importantly cherish their childhood.
Happy Children’s Day to all the lovely kids out there..eat some fresh fruits for your mom and cheese for yourself 😉