Do you love Pizzas ? Who doesn’t. But does your kid eat pizza with veggies loaded in it. A bite, may be a slice but keeps demanding Cheese Pizza only? Well it has become a challenge these days for parents to get their children to […]
Tag: kids food
Does your mouth water when you hear RAJMA CHAWAL? I assume it does, since it is one of the patent dish you will find in 90% of Punjabi House. But do you know there are so many varieties of this one simple dish like the […]
I love doing foodart for the kids. It’s super cute.. right ? Well it may feel tasking for some mom’s, as you might think a lot of time and energy is needed to create a platter and plus you need to have a creative mindset. Surprisingly that is not the case. All you have to do is get these summer fruits out of your fridge and begin to make some Fun Food Ideas for the Kids.
Summer is a perfect time to let your kids play and experiment with food. There are endless learning and teaching moments you can have with food and one of them is making food art for your kids. Food art is not only a medium to enhance a child’s imagination but also a great way to get those fruits and veggies on the plate. If you are dealing with a fussy kid, this is by far the best way to create fondness for food.
But before we begin, kindly ensure no matter what your child’s age is involve them in the food art making process. After they are done making a dog, fish or their favourite cartoon character, they will be much more excited to eat the platter. So, let’s begin!
Fun Food Ideas for the Kids with Summer Fruits
Enjoy a thrill ride with a Mango Hot Air Balloon
This is by far one of the simplest food art that can be done by a mom and child together. All you need is two ingredients – Watermelon and Mangoes.
- Cut the mangoes as show in the picture ( like a checker board ) and place it on top of your plate
- Cut the watermelon in triangle pieces and place it as mountains on the bottom of the plate
- Take a piece of bread and spread cheese or mayo and place it below the hot air balloon
- The balloon strings and birds can be made of the watermelon shell
- And your food art is ready to go
Sail away with these Summer Fruits
To make this foodart, kids will need some help from their mom’s specially to peel of the lychees and assemble it. All you need are these three ingredients – Lychee, Watermelon and Breadstick
- Peel the lychees as place it as waves of the sea
- Cut the breadstick into three parts of different sizes
- Place the smaller one below, followed by a middle size and larger one at the top. The idea is to depict a boat
- Slice the Watermelon in triangle sizes and place them as shown in the picture above
- To complete the scene you can add sun made from lemon or aam ras ( as i have made ), place birds made from fruit skin or clouds made of yogurt
- The platter is ready to be served
MEET THE WATERMELON FLAMINGO
This food art is made only using one single ingredient i.e Watermelon. Seems one complicated structure but very easy to make. In case you want to make a similar looking platter you can click here
You can even check out few more fruit food arts I have made in the past to get your kids enjoy food as well eat their meal without watching TV/ Mobile. Plz click here
So mom’s, time to get artistic and show your magic. This way the kids are entertained and occupied and at the same time you are to earn the title of the Best Mom in the world. What else is needed when your little one eats well and plays well.
I hope you enjoyed these Fun Food Ideas for the Kids with Summer Fruits and as usual i would wait for your feedback and suggestion. Do Comment below and share which of these summer food arts you have liked and don’t forget to share the post with your friends and family.
Blog Inspiration >Messes to Memories
This ‘Summer Blog Train’ is organized by Neha Sharma from http://growingwithnemit.com/
This post is part of the blog train where 24 awe-inspiring bloggers, are going to share their story of ‘Summer’. Hop on the train to read some amazing blogs.
I would like to thank Dr. Amitoj Kaur from Tryingtobeasupermom for introducing me to the blog train.
Now, it’s time move to the next station where Priyal will share her take on the theme ‘Summer’ on her blog . Do check out her post at Parilifestyle and show some love.
When you have a long weekend holiday, you tend to be either excited or extremely lazy. Well, I am going through a lazy week phobia too an extent that i my kitchen is turning half empty. But surprisingly, hunger keeps knocking my stomach and asking it to be filled. I have no option but get my lazy ass moving to the kitchen.
With limited options i have now, i want to make my breakfast exciting so it charges my energy meter to have a good day ahead.
It’s 8:00 am already and before my toddler wakes up i have to get my breakfast ready. So here i am searching what i have in the kitchen and my eyes are focused on banana and bread.
Before I think what i have to do the idea is struck to my mind with this simple recipe – banana on toast
- Banana 1 nos
- Multigrain Bread 2 nos
- Strawberry jam 1 tbsp
- Peanut butter 1 tbsp
- Flax seeds 1 tsp
- Toast the bread in a toaster making it little dark and crisp
- Spread peanut butter on one bread
- Spread strawberry jam on the other bread
- Chop the bananas and spread it evenly on both the bread
- Garnish it with flax seeds
- Tadaaaa .. breakfast is ready !!
I have complimented my banana on toast with a glass of protein-x milk. With kid in the house, coffee and tea are a bye – bye and replaced with milk and proteinx powder. Ohh and some Dates – my every day morning routine !!
Do you remember the story of The Frog Prince ? How would it be if that story is helpful to get your kids eat their meal in a jiffy? Wondering how? Well its simple, with the help of Mimmo Organics Pasta and my Foodart.
I had shared with you my experience with mimmo organics pasta during my travel. And amazed with the genuinety of product i decided to create a recipe and design a plate which is filled with a story. At the end as every mom i want my child to have a healthy meal and make meal time non stressful.
- Mimmo Organics Pasta 2 tbsp
- Green peas 2 tbsp
- French beans 5-6 nos
- Ricotta Cheese 1 tbsp (you can use cheese of your choice)
- Oil 1 tsp
- Salt as needed (recommended to baby above one year)
- Garlic 1 chopped
- Cook the pasta as instructed in the package
- In another pan, boil peas and french beans together till they are soft
- Drain the water and keep aside
- Blend the boiled vegetables till you achieve a smooth paste.
- In a pan heat oil and add the chopped garlic.
- Saute it for 1 min and then add the vegetable paste
- Cook the vegetables for 2 mins and add the boiled pasta
- Mix it thoroughly and cook the pasta for 2-3 mins
- Add salt if needed.
- Remove from flame and add ricotta cheese for flavour.
- Serve it hot
- Salt is not recommended for kuds below 1 year
- Choose cheese of your choice preferably the one which has been given to the baby earlier
I hope this recipe will be useful to you and do get your creativity on the plate.
I have already shared the story of The Frog Prince, its time for you to do share one !!
How many of you love dipping Butter Toast in your garma garma chai. I guess we all do, but how about creating a beautiful art out of it.
I just created this cute little jelly fish made from
- Butter Toast
- Harbara (Peas)
Well, this is one of my last sea-world theme foodart for the month of Jan 2018.