I have started an initiative on my instagram account with 3 mom bloggers to share some healthy recipes for kids under the #tasty4munchkins. The idea is we want moms to give an easy platform to access recipes and solve their meal planning problems with the […]
Does your mouth water when you hear RAJMA CHAWAL? I assume it does, since it is one of the patent dish you will find in 90% of Punjabi House. But do you know there are so many varieties of this one simple dish like the […]
The beauty of porridge’s is in it’s Simplicity & Nutrition Value. It’s a meal you can feed your kid right from his toddler days to adulthood obviously making some changes as they grow.
I personally consider it a wholesome meal specially for breakfast. And if it is made of ingredient like nachni/ragi, the word healthy will feel short.
Well I started giving this porridge to my little one since 7 months of age and am sharing this recipe with you moms.
- 3/4 Cup Ragi/ Nachni Flour
- 1/4 Cup Oats
- 3-4 tbs Almonds
- 1/3 Cup Jaggery (optional)
- Milk/ Water as per the consistency
- Dry roast the Ragi flour and keep aside
- Dry roast oats and blend it in a mixture
- Mix both the above ingredients with water/ milk to achieve the desired consistency
- Heat on the flame for 10 mins stirring continuously to ensure no lumps are formed
- Mix in the jaggery to the above mixture and stir the porridge continuously ensuring the jaggery melts
- Remove from the flame
- Mix in the almond powder
- Serve it in the bowl and feed your toddler
- Soak Nachni in water, overnight till it sprouts. Remove access water in a muslin cloth. Dry the nachni and roast it well. Blend it in a mixture till you get fine powder
INSPIRATION – My Little Mopet