The important benefits of healthy breakfast for children
We all know, how important it is to consume breakfast in the morning be it elders or kids. But with the early morning school schedules our kids find it hard to take out time to eat their breakfast properly, simply because everyone in the house is running to keep up pace with the time. And as adults we too succumb to providing easy solutions to kids just to finish our job. But do you tend to realize, the important benefits of healthy breakfast for children ?
1. Assist in maintaining healthy weight
Breakfast means “Breaking-a-fast”. Kids technically sleep for 8-10 hours, that means they haven’t had food for 8-10 hours since their last meal. When you get up, our body needs to refuel itself and breakfast converts the fuel in food to energy. And when metabolism gets moving, body starts burning calories and you can maintain a healthy weight.
2. Acts as a Brain Booster
Kids need a good attentive span, concentration power and long lasting memory for learning things taught in school, daily life etc. And this can come only if we provide kids with breakfast which is high in fiber, carbohydrates, proteins and other important nutrients.
But as said earlier, it is difficult to prepare healthy breakfast when you are juggling with household chore, getting your kids ready and trying to accommodate your working time etc. Hence I am sharing a few suggestions here that could help you to make and serve healthy breakfast for kids.
- Create a weekly breakfast planner and stock your kitchen with the essential ingredients
- Stay prepared a night before like keeping the utensils ready, cutting fruits, setting up the breakfast table etc
- I guess this is important get you and your kids up 15 mins earlier then the actual time to stop the hush hush
- During days when you are late to prepare a meal, keep healthy grab-and-go alternatives like low sugar cereals, fruits, smoothies, home made mix chivda, etc
- If kids are not hungry in the morning, give a separate tiffin box which they can eat in the bus.
- Try and include fruits, milk & nuts as a part of your everyday breakfast meal
- Make use of leftover food of last night and mix it with some different ingredients and create a new dish
- Make Sunday a Fun breakfast brunch day where you can get your kids to help you, create the foodart as shown above with them works like a DIY activity and enjoy your meal without the hustle bustle of running around.
- Most important – Eat with your kids and start your day with loads of positive energy, hugs and smiles and happiness
These are some of the important benefits of healthy breakfast for your children. All you need is commitment to make breakfast a healthy mandatory routine of your lifestyle and you have nailed a healthy future for your child.
In case you are looking for a tutorial on how i made this foodart you can check my instagram post
If you liked this post, you also check my opinion of various food and lifestyle changes to made for kids here
If you liked this foodart, you can check for some more ideas over here
This blog post is part of the #myfriendalexa campaign organized by @blogchatter