Top 7 Plant Based Best Baby Detergent Brands in India
The life of any parent (and especially mothers) follows a very predictable pattern – feeding, sleeping, diaper changes, endless laundry, etc. For babies, it may be their swaddles and diaper cloth, for toddlers it may be their dirty outfit recycle, for grown-up kids it may be multiple changes in the day like a school uniform, sports shirt etc. thereby leading to an exhaustive to-do list on any given day.
Also, the current situation demands to take utmost care of various hygiene practices that can help kids to protect themselves from bacterial or viral diseases. Hence it is advisable to get the most effective and yet economical baby detergent which has minimal chemicals, #safeforbaby, #safeforskin and is easy on the pocket as well.
So before I share the top 7 Best Baby Detergent brands for you to pick, take a quick look at the checklist for the most optimal detergent:
- The detergent should be free from chemicals like parabens, sulphates etc.
- The detergent should be free from fragrances and bleach
- The detergent should leave no residue ( like the regular detergents do )
- The detergent should be free from artificial dyes and colouring
- The detergent should make use of plant-based materials instead of chemicals
TOP 7 PLANT BASED DETERGENT BRANDS IN INDIA
mother sparsh plant powered laundry detergent for babies
Mother Sparsh Plant Powered detergent offers gentle cleaning of baby’s linens because of the accurate botanical blend of
- Plant Extracts
- Organic Herbs, and
- Essential oil
The baby detergent has a very potent mix of plant extracts derived from Neem and Aloe Vera:
- The antibacterial properties of Neem extract help in disposing of the microbes, germs & bacteria which emerges from food spills, sweat or dirt.
- The anti-allergic properties of Aloe Vera Extract ensures that the babies do not encounter any skin irritation problems.
Usually, most baby detergents have synthetic fragrance or no fragrance at all, but Mother Sparsh baby detergent contains essential eucalyptus oil which serves a dual purpose – giving a long lasting & harmless fragrance and also protecting those tiny clothes from harmful bacteria.
Well, protecting our kids from chemicals and various health disease through something as basic as a detergent is what we must ensure since we wear or use garments like blankets, bibs, hand towels, etc. on an every day basis and these are the places that may encourage the germs.
Thankfully, #mothersparsh offers a holistic approach towards the safety guidelines of our little ones.
Let us learn more about this:
- Their baby detergent includes bio-enzymes helping to remove stains of milk, food and dirt.
- The product is toxin-free from sulphates, phosphates, parabens and other harmful chemicals.
- Since the detergent is plant-powered, it is also natural and biodegradable.
- The detergent is economical whether you wash clothes with your hands or in a washing machine too. For instance, you need only 5ml of the detergent in 5L of water offering value in our daily life, thereby making it an easy choice for your pocket too.
So if you looking out for #naturaldetergent there is no better alternative!
BODY GUARD PLANT-BASED LAUNDRY LIQUID DETERGENT
Body Guard, another responsible and caring brand offer their liquid baby detergent with someunique offering:
- The product contains Coconut based surfactants that help to retain the colour and the texture of the clothes.
- Also, plant-based bio-enzymes helps in removing harsh stains and odour from baby linen.
- The detergent has anti-bacterial properties due to the usage of essential lemon oil.
- It is 100% biodegradable and no residue is left after its usage.
- The detergent needs minimal water to rinse out the dirt from the clothes.
ALEVA NATURALS GENTLE BABY LAUNDRY
This is a safe choice for the parents due to the usage of plant-based material which makes it perfect for cloth diaper and eczema-prone skin.
- The 3X concentrated formulation ensures that the dirt load is easily swept away.
- The product is infused with mild surfactants and emulsifiers derived from coconut oil.
- The product is eco friendly, cruelty-free and vegan.
Babyhug Liquid Detergent
A minimum quantity of baby washing liquid is needed to clean heaps of clothes. You would just need a spoon or two of the detergent for a bucket of water. This results in minimum wastage and economical in the long run. The product offers
- Concentrated Plant-Based Formula for quick and effective cleaning of the clothes
- It has anti-bacterial properties which makes it safe for the babies
However, I feel there should be more transparency on the plant-based ingredients that can give a better idea of the product.
Farlin Baby Clothing Detergent
- This baby laundry detergent is certified by ECOCERT since it is eco-friendly and safe for everyday use.
- The natural plant’s formulation offers unique anti-stain property which ensures the stains gets wiped off easily.
- The product is non-phosphorus and non-fluorescence making it a good buy for your little one!
WindMill Baby Laundry Detergent
- Windmill baby is proudly India’s first USDA certified home cleaning brand.
- The baby detergent is made with the goodness of coconut oil extract which helps raise a gentle foam and softens the garment too.
- The allergen-free ingredients keep irritation, skin rashes or eczemas at bay.
It is also one of the upcoming product that is carving out its niche in the laundry space very fast.
Mama Bear Plant Based Laundry Detergent
- The Mamabear baby detergent is made from a plant extracts formulation which is non-toxic for kids. Like many other brands above it works efficiently to remove stains left by food specifically milk, purees and more.
- The products are 100% free from chemicals like phosphate, bleach, artificial colours etc.
- This baby laundry detergent does have a soothing fragrance that is pleasing and refreshing for babies and mother.
Moving forward, I believe it is critical to shift to a plant powered formulation with minimal chemicals and simultaneously contribute towards our environment thereby ensuring sustainability.
I sincerely hope the above list of best baby detergent is useful in helping you make an informed & better decision. Do share your thoughts on the same. Similarly know about the best organic baby wipes of India.